Legal & Privacy
Access to Site
You may access most areas of the site without registering your details with us.By accessing any part of our Site www.do.tel (the “Site”), you shall be deemed to have accepted this legal notice in full. If you do not accept this legal notice in full, you must leave the Site immediately.Telnames, Ltd. (“Telnames”) may revise this legal notice at any time by updating this posting. You should check the site from time to time to review the then current legal notice, because it is binding on you.
While Telnames endeavours to ensure that the Site is normally available 24 hours a day, Telnames shall not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Access to the Site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond Telnames control.
Telnames further assumes no responsibility for, and makes no warranties that functions contained on the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the Site or the servers that make it available will be free of viruses or other harmful components.
Site Content and Third Party Sites
Telnames disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose to the fullest extent permitted pursuant to the applicable law. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of any opinion, advice, service or other information provided.
Links to third party sites on this Site are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Site. Telnames has not reviewed all of these third party sites and does not control and is not responsible for these sites or their content or availability. Telnames therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk. Telnames expressly disclaims all responsibility for the content of any third party material posted on or linked to this Site to the fullest extent permitted pursuant to the applicable law.
While Telnames endeavours that the information on the site is correct, Telnames does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Site. Telnames may make changes to the material on this Site at any time without notice. The material on this Site may be out of date and Telnames makes no commitment to update such material. Further, Telnames reserves the right to update or remove material at any time.
The entire content available on this Site is the property of Telnames and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. Unless otherwise noted, text, images and layout posted on this Site are the exclusive property of Telnames and may not be copied or distributed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Telnames. Content received through this Site may be displayed, reformed and printed for your personal, non-commercial use only. Unauthorised use of the content available on this Site infringes the Telnames copyright and other proprietary rights and may entail civil and penal consequences.
Telnames and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise in connection with the site in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Site.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This legal notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this legal notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Information We May Collect From You
Telnames may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in the registration form on our site www.do.tel (Site). We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
Telnames may collect statistical data about Site users, browsing actions and patterns, which does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer”s hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better [and more personalised] service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To recognise you when you return to our Site.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide aggregate statistics on Site usage.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you choose to subscribe to email newsletters, your email address will only be used to send you the information requested.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, you can cancel your subscription at any time.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Telnames, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its subscribers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Site terms and conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Telnames Limited. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can exercise this right at any time.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.