International (IDNs) | Registrars
Thanks to .tel IDNs your customers can secure a great .tel domain in their native script and become more discoverable online
You can now offer .tel domains to your registrants in their native languages with Internationalized Domain Names (IDN). With non-English alternatives to domain name registration, .tel continues to be globally relevant. With a majority of the world speaking non-English languages, .tel will continue to explore and add new IDN tables to its name space. Looking for the ability to offer a language not listed below? Please contact us to submit your suggestions and continue to check back often as we will update this site with additional information and IDN implementation timelines for .tel domain names.
Additional Information on Policies:
- The Registry’s IDN implementation is fully compliant with ICANN’s IDN Guidelines version and all current RFCs, including 3490, 3491, and 3492.
- .tel IDN language tables can be found at http://www.iana.org/domains/idn-tables.
- IDN registrations are available in all restricted and unrestricted domain spaces.
- Registrars must submit registration in PUNYCODE http://whois.co/whois-gui/CO/idnconverter.html (needs to be rebranded with .tel logo and copied from .co to .tel)
- All IDN registrations must include the appropriate language tag
Telnames serves as the Registry Operator and Sponsoring Organization for .tel, a sponsored Top Level Domain awarded on May 30th 2006 by ICANN, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers.